So now that this wonderful book is out in the world it’s time to have a coloring contest! Are you ready for some coloring fun, and a chance to win some store credit? I want to start this out with one of the least known but certainly amazing species in the book, the Lowland Streaked Tenrec. These Madagascar natives look like something between a hedgehog and a shrew. They are only about 5 inches long, with a long snout and spiky quills- with special sound making skills. Also are super cute!
The Art: This festive image shows two Lowland Streaked Tenrecs sharing an earthworm, almost like they’re dancing. Who can enter? This contest has kids in mind, but all ages can enter.
Entering is Easy
- Color in THIS page from your existing book, or download a jpg here or click on drawing above and print it out to color.
- Color it in however you like- you can try for realism or use your imagination- get creative!
- Scan or photograph the image, as long as it is shown clearly. A picture of you holding the art would also be great.
- Email your image along with your name, age/grade, and location to: email@example.com.
- The deadline to enter is June 15th (Extended!). Winners will be announced in the third week of June.
The winner of the first prize will receive a $24 gift certificate to the online store, plus a feature in a blog post and gallery!
One second prize winner will receive a $12 gift shop certificate, and also be featured in a blog post and in the gallery!
Thank you for entering the coloring contest- it is a fun and free chance to get closer to this special species and win prizes!